Welcome to this new and updatable site.
This site provides a beginning road map to theory as I understand it. Family Systems Theory developed by Murray Bowen, M.D., has been a guide to understanding human behavior and of course my own functioning.
I think theory gives us a common sense look at our families and other organizations. In addition it can enable motivated individuals to alter their functioning in these emotional and very social systems.
In the early 1950’s Dr. Murray Bowen, a psychiatrist, developed Family Systems Theory as an outgrowth of his research at the National Institutes of Health.
I am one of the “second generation family researchers” who has benefited from his ideas and I now offer an introduction to a few theory-derived principles.
First time visitors may wish to read these links:
- An introduction to Bowen Theory
- How Bowen Theory can change your life
- Who is Andrea Maloney-Schara?
- Read my newsletters with thoughts on Bowen Theory
- Find out more about how individuals and corporations can benefit from Bowen Theory
Other links can be found using the menu to the left. Please contact me at email@example.com with any thoughts and questions!
– Andrea Maloney-Schara, LCSWA